Here are six things I took from the report:
- The numbers in treatment (19 thousand in 2013-14) have been falling since 2008-09, but are still higher than a decade ago.
- Most were over 15 years old, but 1 in 5 were younger.
- Almost half of referrals come from two sources - Youth Offending Teams and mainstream schools.
- Cannabis and alcohol remain the two most important substances treated for this age group, but fewer and fewer are presenting with alcohol problems.
- Most young people got a psychosocial intervention and three quarters were in treatment for less than 26 weeks.
- Substance misuse was likely to be one of a range of problems for the people who accessed these services.